Friday, October 16, 2009

"A Penny for Your Thoughts"



I was sitting here reading about how vital the knowledge of the Word of God is to our Christian lives and growth, and I thought about the old phrase, "A Penny for Your Thoughts". When I say that to someone, I'm not asking that I somehow gain a special ability to "see" what they are thinking...I am asking that person to speak to me, to put in words what they are thinking. And I thought, "That is exactly what God has done; the Bible is a written record of the Words of God, a special revelation to us of what has been and continues to be on the mind of God!" God did not leave us with only the knowledge of Him that can be gained by what we call "general revelation"; in other words, everyone has the opportunity to look around and see the visible evidence of a Creator. Romans tells us that evidence is "plain" for all to see. But we also know that as fallen as we all are, we do not always "see" things as we should, so God went so much further than general revelation and gave us His Word! It is amazing that Almighty God, Creator of the Universe, desired to communicate with His creation! Apart from His initiation, His pursuit of us, His revelation, we would never come, we would never know Him! Oh, thank you Lord, for drawing us!

No comments:

Post a Comment